Dreamy Fall Wedding in Burgundy and Blue!
Get ideas for your fall wedding with this gorgeous color palette of burgundy and dusty blue, including decor, favors, candy, and more!
We’re back this week with another fall wedding inspiration board and candy buffet! This is a different take on last week’s wedding, which featured a berry and mustard color palette. The wedding blogs are all aflutter with variations of deep reds and rich, jewel tones this season, so this week we’re turning that berry color down a few shades to a deep burgundy and pairing it with a dusty blue. Take a look:
I love this color palette – it is so sophisticated and elegant. You can dress it up by adding touches of silver and metallics, or dress it down with other traditional fall colors like orange and yellow.
We asked our friend Tiffany Fox from Fizzy Party to chime in with some expert input on hot fall wedding trends. Here’s what she had to say:
Summer may be the time everyone thinks of as wedding season but fall is also a very popular time for weddings. Trending for fall 2015 weddings are rich colors of burgundy and dusty blue, gold and teal and we’re also seeing a lot of nude colors. For food we’re seeing a nod toward comfort. Think lobster rolls, mac and cheese bars and clam chowder. Food trucks are a must for fall weddings this year too.
I love the idea of having a food truck for wedding food instead of more traditional catering. Plus, lobster rolls, mac and cheese (or lobster mac-n-cheese!) are perfect fall weather foods for an indoor/outdoor wedding.
Speaking of food, we’e collected our favorite red and light blue candies together to help you plan a candy buffet sweets table to coordinate with this theme. Here’s what we recommend:
Included in this candy buffet are:
- Cinnamon Bears
- Light Blue Milkies
- Raspberry Red Milkies
- Shimmer Powder Blue Sixlets
- Strawberry Sour Power Belts
- Blue and White Swirly Pops
- Light Blue Cotton Candy Salt Water Taffy
- Silver Hershey Kisses
- Red Dark Chocolate Malt Balls
These candies would go great as accessories to a larger dessert table with cakes, cupcakes, cake-pops and other sweets, or if you order a large enough quantity they can be a stand alone buffet sufficient for everyone’s dessert and party favors.
To search more dark red and blue candy on our site, click here: www.SweetCityCandy.com!
Inspiration Collage Photo Credits:
- Wedding Dress and Red Bouquet: Photography: DNA Photographers, Dress: Alana van Heerden, Flowers: Anli Wahl, Hair & Make-up: Iza Cloete, Venue: Roodezand, via Anja and Josua’s wedding on ThePrettyBlog.com
- Tablescape: Designed by Joyful Weddings, via: ProjectWedding.com
- Boutonniere: Venue: Whistling Straits, Wedding Planner: Trina Moynihan of The American Club, Groom’s Attire: Ermenegildo Zegna, Florist: The American Club, Photography m three studio; via Brides.com
- Bouquet on Chair: Photograpy: Borrowed and Blue via ElegantWeddingInvites.com
- Wedding Cake: Donna Makes Cakes