Event of the Week: Crawfish Boil – Stock the Bar Shower!
I am pretty sure this is my favorite party theme of all time.
And after ogling these party pics all weekend long, I’m miffed why we don’t see Stock the Bar parties more often.
Have you not heard of a “Stock the Bar” party? Here’s the scoop on what it is:
Basically a bride and groom will have a joint shower (hosted by a member (or members) of the wedding party) either in addition to or in lieu of a traditional shower. At this party, guests are encouraged to bring items that would essentially stock the bar of this couples future home. Gifts include the obvious – bottles of liquor and wine – but can also include glassware, bar tools, a martini shaker or pitcher, ice bucket, and unique mixers or liquor like Triple Sec, Cointreau, Chambord, etc.
Sounds awesome, right?
This particular Stock the Bar party from Angela Marie Events has a really cool southern twist, as it’s also a Crawfish Boil! What a great combination! Here are some pics:
Here are details about this party:
- Location – This event took place at the most perfect place for a Stock the Bar party – Tin Roof Brewery in Baton Rouge, Louisiana – where Angela Marie Events is also located.
- Food – Crawfish, duh! And what about those crawfish, corn and potato cookies from Silly Gilly Desserts? So cute! Plus lots and lots of cupcakes from Sweet Elizabeth’s Cake Designs. I absolutely adore the daisy garnishes on the cupcakes, and the cupcakes in the shape of a crawfish pot!
- Drinks – In addition to the brewery beer, soda, ice tea and lemonade were also served.
- Decor and Flowers – The cupcake toppers and printables from A Pinch of Lovely are a perfect fit for the theme. And the chalkboard poster printable that Lauren Haddox Designs made is a great addition to the display, too! I am in LOVE with the floral arrangements from this event. The daisies and poms in mason jars with rocks and lemons are gorgeous and perfect for this theme. Gray and red gingham, burlap, jute twine and other rustic touches made the decor a bit hit.
Angela Marie Events is the go-to party planner in the Baton Rouge area, especially for weddings and wedding-related events. Be sure to “Like” her Facebook page to stay on top of all of the great things she’s doing. And if you’re in the Baton Rouge area, bookmark her page so you know where to go the next time your’e having a party.
Want to see more? I know you do!
One thing that is not included at this party is a candy buffet. We wanted to provide you with some ideas for a candy buffet that would go really well with this theme. We took into consideration the color palette and theme and came up with what we think is a pretty awesome candy spread.
First, we think a simple display of Root Beer and Lemon flavored Rock Candy on Swizzle Sticks would be perfect. The colors and flavors both go really well with this theme. Display these in mason jars with the other desserts and they’ll fit right in.
Then, we would do a small table including some turtle and crocodile gummies, fruit-filled candy sea shells, assorted fruit slices, and yellow and white candy flowers. The candy flowers would be especially striking if they were layered in a large glass jar. And the fruit-filled sea shells come individually wrapped, so these would make great party-favor candy because they’re easy to take home.
Here are the links to each candy on our store website:
- Root Beer Rock Candy Swizzle Sticks
- Lemon Rock Candy Swizzle Sticks
- Yellow Candy Flowers
- White Candy Flowers
- Gummy Turtles
- Gummy Crocodiles
- Fruit-Filled Candy Sea Shells
- Assorted Color Fruit Slices
Looks yummy, right?
I want to thank Angela Marie Events for sharing those awesome event photos and allowing us to introduce an entirely new, nontraditional type of wedding shower – Stock the Bar! I can’t wait to feature more parties like this!