Events A to Z: D is for Dora the Explorer!
Today we’re talking about really fun different ways you can throw a Dora the Explorer themed party for your little girl. Here’s what I love about Dora:
- - She’s diverse! Not every little girl looks like Cinderella (nor should they) and Dora is a positive image for kids of all ethnic backgrounds to have a bold cartoon character who is known for being something other than blonde and fashionable. Sorry Barbie.
- - She’s smart, inquisitive and bilingual! I love a character who likes to go running through the jungle with her purple backpack and monkey friend solving riddles and puzzles along the way! This is someone kids can identify with.
- - She’s adaptable! You can have a super girly Dora party, or a jungle themed party, or a modern Dora party, or adapt the Dora theme to whatever your little girl likes.
Let’s take a look at some Dora party examples!
The pictures above are from a Dora Ballerina themed party. This is a super sweet party theme with lots of pinks and blues – great for a pre-schooler! And look at that ruffled table skirt!
Now these next two are from a cool Dora Jungle Party. I love the green, yellow and brown colors and the fun jungle motif. I can see this being a super fun party for both boys and girls!
I love this “Girly Dora” party and its amazing, huge dessert table. There must have been a LOT of kids at this party – look at all those Thank You Goody Bags! And those Strawberry “Whoppers” look delicious!
And finally, here is a “Modern” Dora party. This Dora looks like the “tween” Dora that came out a few years ago much to the chagrin of über-feminists. I, personally, don’t mind the “tween” Dora. Everyone has to grow up someday, and Disney didn’t “Princess-ify” Dora in the way they did Merida from Brave.
The “tween” Dora to me looks like a pretty reasonable transformation, whereas the Merida before/after is just plain silly. Everyone had a right to get up-in-arms over Merida. But Dora? What’s all the fuss?
Now onto the candy buffet. Another great thing about a Dora party, is that based on what your theme is you can adjust your color palette and candy accordingly. This is why it’s so great to buy candy from a company that has a “Shop by Color” feature on its website (like we do). Then if your palette is a pastel pink and blue, a jungle green yellow and brown, or a modern bright pink and orange (or any other variation) you can select candy to suit your color scheme.
- Ballerina Dora Party: Sugar Sweet Buffets via Hostess with the Mostess
- Jungle Dora Party: Rock the Image Photography via Kara’s Party Ideas
- Girly Dora Party: Karo’s Fun Land via Kara’s Party Ideas
- Modern Dora Party: Sweet Party Studio via Kara’s Party Ideas