Tootsie Roll Cheesecake Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I can’t ever decline a Tootsie Roll when one is offered. Those yummy, gooey, chocolaty “Midgees” are such a perfect sweet treat, so I was wondering what kinds of recipes can I make that use Tootsie Rolls? On the Tootsie Roll website, they offer several delicious sounding recipes, but one stood out to me that just looks superb – Tootsie Roll Cheesecake!
This recipe looks super easy – check it out!
- 1 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 oz. Tootsie Rolls
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and the butter; mix well. Lightly butter a 10-inch round, 2-inch deep cake pan (do not use spring form pan as the batter is too thin). Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 1 1/4 cups of sugar until smooth, scraping sides of bowl often. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Melt Tootsie Rolls in top of a double boiler; stir in cream, then add to cream cheese mixture, mixing well. Pour over crust. Place cake pan in another large, deep pan; pour water around cake pan to a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Bake in a 300° oven for about 2 hours or until center is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool, then chill several hours or overnight. To remove from pan, heat outside of pan slightly and cake will drop out. Re-invert onto serving platter.
- Makes 16 servings.