Pop Rocks Rimmed Cocktails!!
Wow – I flipped out when I saw these amazing cocktail recipes on Pizzazzerie.com, creatively using Pop Rocks on the glass rim instead of salt or sugar. We’ve done several candy cocktail themed posts recently and I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t thought of this! (FYI: Past posts are “Summertime Recipes to Make with Candy” and “Candy Cocktails“.)
Pop Rocks are among everyone’s favorite childhood candies – they’re tasty and fizzy and so much fun for people of all ages to eat. Here are the three recipes from Pizzazzerie, as well as a simple “Shirley Temple” recipe to make for kids also using Pop Rocks on the glass rims.
Don’t forget to check out our store website to see all of the different flavors of Pop Rocks that we carry to mix and match for your own cocktails. I’m sure the Sour Apple Pop Rocks would be amazing with a sour apple martini!
Hot to Get Pop Rocks on the Rim:
- Dampen the edges of your glass with lemon juice. If you have trouble with the pop rocks clumping or sticking, you can try dipping them in a thin layer of caramel (but only use a small amount).
- Then dip the rims into a plate filled with the pop rocks of choice.
POP ROCKS ON THE BEACH
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 1/2 oz Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 3 splashs Pineapple juice
- Drop Watermelon Pop Rocks on top
STRAWBERRY POPPER ROCKER
- 1 shot Strawberry Schnapps
- Fill with 7-Up
- Drop Strawberry Pop Rocks on top
MALIBU POP ROCKS
- 1 oz Malibu rum
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 splash Pineapple juice
- 1 splash Cranberry juice
- Drop Fruit Punch Pop Rocks on top
SHIRLEY TEMPLE “MOCKTAIL” FOR KIDS
- Splash of cherry grenadine
- Cherry Pop Rocks
Recipes and photos are from Pizzazzerie.com.