Summertime Recipes to Make with Favorite Candy!
Although summer doesn’t officially start for another 6 days, we’re feeling the heat and the need to cool off from the hot sun with a sweet afternoon snack. Here are three excellent recipes that are easy and delicious! (All recipes are from BrightIdeas.com)
Rainbow Jelly Cups with Starbursts!
- 15 STARBURST® Brand Fruit Chews, a single flavor/color
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 envelope powdered unflavored gelatin (1/4 ounce gelatin powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Unwrap STARBURST® Brand Fruit Chews and place in a pot over low-medium heat. Stir with a spoon until STARBURST® Brand Fruit Chews have melted completely, 7-10 minutes (they will have a thick gooey texture).
- 2. While stirring, add a little of the evaporated milk and continue to stir until fully incorporated.
- 3. Continue to add a little at a time until all of the milk has been added. Add sugar and stir with a whisk until dissolved.
- 4. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into a bowl and add gelatin powder to the remaining mixture still in the pot. Stir with a whisk until gelatin has completely dissolved.
- 5. Pour gelatin mixture into the bowl with the rest of the mixture and whisk once more to combine. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- ¾ cup SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies
- 1. Place the water, lime juice and lime zest in a small sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. Add the SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies and reduce the heat to simmer until the outer shell has dissolved and they are completely white.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon remove the SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies center and discard. Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool 15 minutes.
- 3. Pour the SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies-lime mixture into a 9-inch by 13 inch glass pan, cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer Once crystals begin to form .around the edges (30-45 min) Stir them into the middle. Replace the cover and return to freezer.
- 4. Repeat this process every 20 minutes until the mixture is slushy and no free liquid remains, about 2 hours total.
- 5. Serve in chilled glasses topped with a slice of lime or lime zest, if desired.
- 1/3 cup chopped MILKY WAY® Bars
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 pieces large marshmallows
- 1½ tablespoons SMUCKER’S® MILKY WAY® Caramel Topping
- 1. Heat candy with the milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a blender and mix until smooth.
- 2. Pour mixture into two serving cups. Float 3 marshmallows on top of each cup and drizzle with the SMUCKER’S® MILKY WAY® Caramel Topping.