Memorial Day Weekend is coming up in just a few short days, so we thought we’d give you some excellent candy-infused cocktails to serve at your upcoming parties. The great thing about these cocktails is that you can also add a splash of color to your drink table by including bowls full of the featured candy as extra snacks for guests to nibble on!
Jelly Bean Martini (recipe from www.mymansbelly.com)
What a great way to get rid of your leftover jelly beans from Easter! Or, since this recipe calls for single color/flavor jelly beans, you can order them in bulk from our website: SweetCityCandy.com. We recommend trying the green apple, strawberry or caribbean punch flavors!
- 1/4 Cup Single Flavor of Jelly Beans (heaping cup)
- 1 Cup of Vodka
- Peeps (or marshmallow bunnies)
- Food Coloring
- In a glass jar, add the jelly beans and vodka.
- Cover and shake the jar vigorously and set aside.
- Keep shaking the jelly bean/vodka jar every few hours.
- Let sit overnight.
- Using a funnel and dampened coffee filter, filter the infused vodka into a new jar. (wetting the filter before putting it into the funnel and straining allows you to retain more of the vodka).
- Place strained vodka into the refrigerator to chill.
- Pour desired amount of infused vodka into a chilled and sugar rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a Peep and serve.
- As an alternative, you can mix 1 part jelly bean infused vodka with 1/2 part Chambord. Mix, pour and serve in the same method.
- I also found that this infused vodka tastes pretty good if you add it to lemon lime soda. I don’t have a measurement guide for this because it really would be to taste.
Blue Cotton Candy Cocktail (recipe from www.cocktail-guru.com)
- 2 oz Hpnotiq
- 1 oz vodka
- splash of pineapple juice
- blue raspberry or cherry rock candy
Glass: Tall, Highball, or Martini Glass
- Step 1: Put ice in your shaker
- Step 2: Add the alcohol ingredients
- Step 3: A nice splash of that pineapple juice
- Step 4: Shake it!
- Step 5: Fill the glass with ice
- Step 6: Strain the cocktail in the glass over the ice
- Garnish: Garnish with rock candy
- You can also use: a splash of cranberry juice for a bit more acidity in the flavor zone.
Additional Notes: Also works great with gin!
Gummy Worm Shooters (recipe: original)
This is a new take on the classic jello shots, but is way easier to make.
- Gummy worms
- Fill a freezable container with gummy worms. Pack snugly, but not too tight.
- Cover gummy worms with vodka and freeze 24-48 hours. The worms will absorb the vodka and get really plump, but there will be some excess vodka that doesn’t get absorbed.
- Scoop 1-2 worms into individual plastic shooter cups and serve!
Additional Notes: This can work with gummy bears too, but they don’t plump up as big as the gummy worms do.