Top 12 Favorite Sour Candies
[NOTE: Due to popular demand this list has been updated to include 12 all time favorite sour candies. See if your's is on the list!]
I’ve been having a craving for sour candy these days. Who else is with me? In the spirit of all things sour, here is my list of top 12 favorite sour candies. Let us know what you think and post your favorite sour candy in the comments section!
Honorable Mention: Cry Baby Sour Gumballs – My mouth puckers thinking about these, but they are not on the official list because they’re a “gum” and not a candy.
12. Zours! If Mike and Ike’s were sour. Sums it up pretty well. An excellent sour candy for those who like the sour flavor but don’t want their eyes to water or their tastebuds to burn.
11. Sour Balls! Old fashioned sour balls have been around for ages, and there’s a reason for that – they’re darn good! Sour balls have a more mild sour flavor than #8 on our list, which means you can eat more of them before your mouth starts to lose it’s sense of taste.
10. Warheads! These tear-jerking candies make me think of middle school and how all the kids would dare each other to eat them without taking them out our mouths for a break. Now that’s a sour candy.
9. Sour Power Belts! Not to be confused with Sour Power Straws (#4), these belts are flat and wide strips of sour candy and come in just about any flavor – my favorite is Watermelon.
8. Sour Rip Rolls! 40-inches of sour candy tape goodness. These come in Blue Raspberry, Sour Apple, Watermelon and Strawberry. A must-try for every hard-core sour candy fan.
7. Cry Baby Tears! Not for the faint of heart (just look at the comments). These will reduce you to tears, if that’s your thing. You’re a daredevil if you eat more than one at a time.
6. Shockers / Shock Tarts! What I like best about Shockers (formerly Shock Tarts) is that you can easily get through an entire roll and still have all your taste buds in tact. Plus, unlike gummy candy, Shockers don’t glob together in your stomach and make you feel sick if you eat too many.
***** BREAKING NEWS *****
Christmas Candy is flying off the shelves. Have you ordered yours yet?
Get stocking stuffers, gift boxes, candy canes and more!
Buy today at www.SweetCityCandy.com!
***** NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST *****
5. Sour Power Straws! There’s not much of a difference in flavor from a Power Straw to a Power Belt; however, I find it just a lot more fun and enjoyable eating the straws.
4. Toxic Waste! This candy is so, so, SO SOUR. If you’re into like painfully sour candy, or maybe you want to play a prank on a friend and see them cry, this is the one for you.
3. Sour Skittles! Skittles does a good job keeping the great Skittles flavor while adding an even coating of soury-goodness to the candy shell. Well done.
2. Lemon Heads! This old-fashioned candy has withstood the test of time as one of the all-time greatest sour candies. Whether you get the Movie Theater box, or the Individually wrapped jumbo balls, this is always an excellent choice.
1. Sour Patch Kids! This candy never disappoints when I’m in a sour candy mood. These are so yummy and easy to eat I don’t even mind it that my mouth is raw and my taste buds have burned off from all the sour acid by the time I’m done with my box. Now that’s a good candy!
Are you wondering where to buy your favorite sour candy? All of the items on this list (plus TONS more) are available at our online store. If you see your favorite candy in the list, click the link to get to the purchasing page, otherwise follow this link to our homepage and search for your favorite candy!