Top 10 Favorite Sour Candies
I’ve been having a craving for sour candy these days. It’s probably because I’m already on sweet overload from all the Easter treats that I’ve been gorging myself on ever since Valentine’s Day. In the spirit of all things sour, here is my list of top 10 favorite sour candies. Let us know what you think and post your favorite sour candy in the comments section!
Honorable Mention: Cry Baby Sour Gumballs – My mouth puckers thinking about these, but they are not on the official list because they’re a “gum” and not a candy.
10. Sour Rock Candy! Many of you may not have ever had sour rock candy before, but let me tell you – you’re missing out!
9. Sour Balls! Old fashioned sour balls have been around for ages, and there’s a reason for that – they’re darn good! Sour balls have a more mild sour flavor than #8 on our list, which means you can eat more of them before your mouth starts to lose it’s sense of taste.
8. Warheads! These tear-jerking candies make me think of middle school and how all the kids would dare each other to eat them without taking them out our mouths for a break. Now that’s a sour candy.
7. Sour Power Belts! Not to be confused with Sour Power Straws (#4), these belts are flat and wide strips of sour candy and come in just about any flavor – my favorite is Watermelon.
6. Sour BriteCrawlers! Another throw-back to my grade-school days – whoever was lucky enough to have Trolli’s BriteCrawlers on the playground was followed and hounded by all the other kids to share.
5. Shock Tarts! What I like best about Shock Tarts is that you can easily get through an entire roll and still have all your taste buds in tact. Plus, unlike gummy candy, Shock Tarts don’t glob together in your stomach and make you feel sick if you eat too many.
4. Sour Power Straws! There’s really no difference in flavor from a Power Straw to a Power Belt; however, it’s just a lot more fun and enjoyable eating the straws.
3. Sour Skittles! Skittles does a good job keeping the great Skittles flavor while adding an even coating of soury-goodness to the candy shell. Well done.
2. Lemon Heads! This old-fashioned candy has withstood the test of time as one of the all-time greatest sour candies. Whether you get the Movie Theater box, or the Individually wrapped jumbo balls, this is always an excellent choice.
1. Sour Patch Kids! This candy never disappoints when I’m in a sour candy mood. These are so yummy and easy to eat I don’t even mind it that my mouth is raw and my taste buds have burned off from all the sour acid by the time I’m done with my box. Now that’s a good candy!